The Syracuse University assessment working team has assembled resources to support academic program student learning outcomes assessment efforts. If you have suggestions for future resources or are looking for specific information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assessment and action plans (AAPs): guides, samples, templates
- Academic Program AAP Guide (*.pdf)
- Academic Program AAP Template (*.docx)
- Academic Program AAP Example (*.pdf)
- Academic Program Curriculum Map Template (*.docx)
- Glossary and definitions in assessment at SU (*.pdf)
- Parts of a rubric (*.pdf)
- Creating a rubric (*.pdf)
- Adapting a rubric (*.pdf)
- Norming a rubric: Quick guide to norming student work for program-level assessment, Washington State University (*.pdf)
- Assessment rubric for student reflections (*.pdf)
Understanding student learning assessment
- Strategies for Documenting Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (*.pdf)
Used with permission from the Rochester Institute of Technology Office of Educational Effectiveness Assessment
- How is Assessment Different from Grading (*.pdf)
Used with Permission: Robert W. Flaherty, PhD, Director of Academic Assessment, Office of Teaching and Learning, University of Denver
- Faculty Summary of Student Learning Notes Example (*.pdf)
Faculty Summary of Student Learning Notes Template (*.docx)
The template can be used by faculty who are providing notes on course-level student work that will be utilized in program-level student learning outcomes assessment. In their summary of student learning, faculty are asked to describe the strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement seen in the body of student work in relation to the program-level student learning outcome being assessed.
For additional help, please see assessment resources.