Functional areas are defined as departments and units that provide operational processes and services of the institution. The assessment focus for the functional areas is on developing unit goals and objectives that support improvements that are aligned with the unit’s mission.
The annual progress reporting window for functional areas will be July 1 through September 18. Functional area contacts are asked to provide updated assessment and action plans summarizing results, interpretation, and action taken for one or more outcomes or objectives. The progress report will be completed through a this Qualtrics link (will be provided soon).
The process for conducting assessment for functional areas is organized into three phases:
Phase 1 — Specify and Plan:
- Specify goals and objectives
- Determine strategies for each objective
- Determine key performance indicators (KPI) for each objective
Phase 2 — Collect and Analyze:
- Collect the data for KPI’s specified in Phase 1
- Analyze and interpret the results
Phase 3 — Action and Follow-up:
- Indicate what actions will be taken
- Determine the impact of the actions taken
Our assessment team assembled guides, examples, and templates to help develop Assessment and Action Plans (AAP) which you can find in the resources section.
For additional help, please see general assessment resources that may be helpful.
To see the schedule of workshops and events, please see the Events page.